Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wii

My kids got a Wii for Christmas. To be complete, they ended up with a Wii with four Wiimotes, four Nunchucks, Wii Sports and Wii Play. What a family Christmas. Even my technophobe mother-in-law took to the Wii. The bowling from Wii Sports seems to be the favourite; personally I love the cow racing from Wii play.

I think Nintendo have done a great job with the Wii. The new controller is great, and just about the motion sensing either. The way that sounds emerge from the controller is really neat. (Of course, this may be way old games technology for all I know). I think as a fun device for the family room the Wii is great.

And, next year, the Wii HD? There's plenty of room for technology improvement, and I'm sure that as the developers get used to the Wii, the games will start to really use the new interface. Thoroughly recomended.

P.S. Anyone want to buy a used Gamecube?

No comments:

Search This Blog