Friday, July 14, 2006

Music of the 80s

I missed out on a great deal of the 80s' pop video revolution as I didn't have a TV back then. I'm now able to catch up on a whole lot of stuff I missed thanks to this web-site. I guess this site works by enticing those of us of a certain age with the music of our youth^H^H^H^H^H early adulthood in the hope that we want to buy insurance.

It's a bit of a strange collection - I guess based on what was easily available on YouTube. Anyhow, for what it's worth:

  • Captain Beefheart
  • I prefer the Rubinoos' version of "I think we're alone now" to Tiffany's version
  • What are "The Residents" doing in this collection?
  • Great to see the Timelords - maybe time for a reissue?
  • "Song to the siren" is great - shame the video won't play at the moment
  • First time I've ever seen Art of Noise's "Close to the edit".....
  • and ABC's "Look of Love"
  • Talulah Gosh - Gosh! One of my all time favourites
  • "This is not a love song" - does anyone else think John Lydon looks like Gerard Langley of the Blue Aeroplanes?

No comments:

Search This Blog