Saturday, December 20, 2008

Elvis Costello

How come Elvis's "Spectacle" TV shows are so low-profile? I only came across them because I saw a review in the Guardian. I've spoken to a few people I know who are Elvis fans and none of them know about the show. And then - just to make things more obscure - it seems to be impossible to get a proper listing for when the shows will air, they all seem to be on in the middle of the night, and finally, the Channel 4 catch-up-service only seems to have the show due to be aired tomorrow available. It looks like I've missed the interview with Fat Reg from Pinner.

Anyhow, I did manage to catch the show with The Police. Although Elvis didn't seem too sure of himself as interviewer, and he asked some "Smash Hits" style questions ("What is your favourite Police song"), the show was great. Thoroughly good watching.

Finally, maybe Channel 4 are showing some more shows at these times:

  • 21/12 12:15 am Rufus Wainwright
  • 22/12 1:25 am Lou Read and Julian Schnabel
  • 24/12 12:20 am Bill Clinton
Disclaimer: Don't take my word - check them yourself - don't blame me if you miss a show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this - I saw it just in time to record the next two episodes.

Search This Blog