Wednesday, February 07, 2007

e-Passport has limited life

As my readers know, I don't much like e-Passports. I don't understand what their benefit is supposed to be, and I certainly don't want people scanning my passport remotely, without my knowing. Today it has been revealed that the chip in the passport (10-year validity) has only a 2-year life. An article in The Register also claims the chip is too small to hold the necessary data and operating system to support two fingerprints. What a surprise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that you haven't blogged since 2006, I was wondering where you went to. I was also wondering what happened with your passport holder.

The Editor said...

Well, anonymous, I'm blogging quite regularly - indeed the post you commented on was published in February 2007. My passport holder is in regular use. It is with me every time I travel - which is pretty often. Does it work? I don't know.

Search This Blog